Saturday, May 30, 2015

Jardin de Plantes


My stay in Paris is almost finish and the next week I have to come back to Italy. I am so grateful for this experience because it gives me the chance to live even for a short time in my favorite city and to know some amazing people. I’ve spent one of my last days in Paris at Jardin des Plantes, an enormous botanical garden in the Latin Quarter. The Jardin des Plantes is actually France’s main botanical garden, serving as home to a national botanical school that trains botanists, constructs demonstration gardens and maintains a massive seed depository to safeguard France’s botanical and horticultural diversity. The sight was established as a garden nearly 400 years ago, with the first plants installed in 1635 to serve as a medicinal herb garden for the royal family. At about the end of the 15th century, the garden came under the stewardship of university-trained botanists, who expanded its size and focus to include plants of all sorts from throughout France and opened the space to the public.

Balenciaga bag / Isabel Marant sweatshirt and boots