Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Saint Sulpice



Today I've spend my all time in the area around Place Saint Sulpice, which is my favorite. The church, know as ''The Cathedral of Rive Gauche" is one of the largest church in Paris. The facade is austere for a Baroque edifice and has a slightly lopsided appearance, as the south tower was never finished. In the square in front of the church the fountain by Visconti bears sculptures of four bishop of Louis XIV era. But it' the interior that I appreciate most, with Delacroix frescoes and Servadoni Rococo chapelle. After seeing the church I went around the  small cobbled streets with typical patisseries and restaurants: a stop at Pierre Herme was obligatory. I wore something very classic and simple, such as a breton top with black jeans and a trench coat, tres parisienne!

Acne black jeans / Comme des garçons striped top / Burberry trench coat / Chanel flats and bag