Friday, December 18, 2015

Take me to the moonlight




Today I was in Pisa to visit Tulouse Lautrec exhibition at Palazzo Blu. It’s about the lights and shadows of Montmartre, seen through a series of wacky and often grotesque characters, that the artist paints through posters, lithographs, drawings and paintings. Through its production Lautrec succeeded, more than anyone else, to describe and characterize a city, the colors of a generation and, more generally, the real lifestyle of the late nineteenth century Paris. Paris of the Moulin Rouge, Montmartre and 'brothels'. His art is confined humanity, it shares the joys and anxieties, weaknesses and excesses in a universe populated by bizarre and colorful characters, portrayed with intensity and fury. I really enjoyed the exhibition especially because I appreciate the Belle Epoque decadence and dark side that I have studied throw many books. I wore my favorite color combination: navy blue and black with Acne boots that are still my favorite ones for winter days.

Lanvin coat / Balenciaga bag / Acne jeans and boots