Sunday, November 22, 2015

Auteuil



On my last day in Paris I went to Auteuil, in the 16th arrondissement. It was once a village high on a hill about two miles west of Paris, overlooking vineyards, farms and eventually the country retreats of wealthy Parisians and a few mansions. It’s very quiet with many villas and hameaux (private streets or culs de sac). Some find it too bourgeois but I really enjoy the peaceful village atmosphere and the fact that there are no tourists around. Auteuil is also known for its architecture. Although most of the buildings are haussmanian, there are also a lot of Art Nouveau buildings, especially from Hector Guimard, which blossomed all over the district at the turn of the century. It was really cold so my promenade around the streets of Auteuil was very brief even if I was wearing my oversize coat from Marant combined with black cashmere turtleneck and jeans.

Isabel Marant coat and boots / Acne jeans / Louis Vuitton bag